January 24, 2018 8:13 am
As you may already know Didi looooves popcor. That’s why I thought it would be nice to share on here a recipe for flavoured popcorn. In this case it’s going to be pizza flavoures and maybe from this you get other ideas for other popcorn flavours as well.
During the week I eat popcorn at least 1 time as an afternoon snack or to watch a movie or series. This popcorn has (other than salt) parmesan cheese, dried tomato and oregano which gives it a notorious pizza flavour. To make this flavour really nice try to use a good parmesan cheese. What you have to avoid is to use granulated or pre-grated cheese because it doesn’t melt as nicely.
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 50g popcorn
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 30g parmesan cheese, freshly grated with a fine grater
– 5 dry tomatoes, chopped. If they’re rock solid, rehydrate them first in boiling water for 10min and then pat-dry them
– 1 tsp dried oregano.
1. POP. Heat the oil up on medium heat with the tomatoes inside. Once it’s hot take out the tomatoes and leave them on kitchen paper so it absorbs the excess oil. Then add the popcorn to the pot along with the salt and mix. Make sure the popcorn doesn’t completely cover the base of the pot but rather it leaves space for them to pop. Put the lid on top and wait.
2. LOWER THE HEAT. Once they start to pop lower the heat to minimum so they don’t burn. Every once in a while shake the pot so that they don’t burn. When they don’t pop any more turn off the heat.
3. IT’S GETTING STICKY. Add the parmesan cheese, tomato and oregano as soon as you turn the heat off and mix so the cheese melts.
4. SERVE AND ENJOY. Serve it and enjoy it immediately. Press play on your movie and have a great time :)
As always, if you want to see more recipes from me you’re super duper invited to visit my blog Cravings Journal where I post recipes at least twice a week. I hope you like this recipe and send me a pictur eif you make it :).