Pancakes for Mom!
May 10, 2017 8:00 pm
This weekend is mother’s day and it’s the perfect time to honor that person who has taken care of us since we were smaller than a pencil sharpener. It’s also time to celebrate those dads who had to fill in for mom for whatever reason :). Today I bring you a super yummy fluffy pancake recipe to serve mom in the morning for a well deserved breakfast in bed.
Portions: 5 pancakes (for about 2 people)
– 240g flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 100g sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 egg
– 250ml milk
– 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
– 10g melted butter, cooled to room temperature + more for cooking the pancakes
– fruits and nuts your mom likes
– maple syrup or honey to taste
1. MIX. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and put the dry ingredients in a hole in the center. Mix with a whisk starting from the middle and slowly adding dry ingredients from the sides. This way we prevent any lumps from forming. Put the dough in the fridge, covered, for at least 30min. You can even do this dough the night before.
2. THE MORE GOLDEN, THE PRETTIER. Melt a bit of butter in a non-stick pan and put a ladle of dough at the center and spread it out. Cook the pancake on that side until it bubbles on the top.
3. FLIPPITY FLAP. That tells us it’s time to flip it :)
4. FRUIT. Serve with fruits and nuts that mom likes. It could be bananas, berries, almonds… whatever she likes best!
5. BOTTOM OF MY HEART. The hearts I made to top the pancakes are SO easy to make. I panted pink on a side of a paper and then drew hearts on the other. I finally cut them and stuck them onto toothpicks using tape :)
I hope you liked it and don’t forget to pamper mom on her day! As always, you can check out more recipes over at my blog Cravings Journal. XOXO, Dolce Family!