Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
October 3, 2017 6:17 pm
Nothing like a yummy muffin to cheer up your day! This recipe is a variation of the banana loaf I have on my blog but Didi and me thought it would be nice to have it in a muffin form :). I love how the slice of banana looks on top, that way you know that it’s made of bananas!
Portions: 10 muffins
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 3 bananas + 1 extra to garnish (they don’t have to be old)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 190g all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g milk chocolate couverture
- 50ml whole milk
1. TO THE PAN! Like I told you above in the ingredients, this recipe doesn’t require the bananas to be brown. We peel them and put them on a pan with the butter from the recipe and cook them while we crush them with a spatula.
2. LIQUIDS. We let the bananas cool down completely and then we add the milk, egg, honey and vanilla essence. It’s important that the bananas have cooled down to room temperature so that the egg doesn’t cook in the mix.
3. CHOCOLATEY. Then we add the dry ingredients and mix throughly. Chop up the milk chocolate couverture and mix it in.
4. INTO THE OVEN. Put your muffin cases (or you can make your own with baking paper) inside the mould and put the mix inside. If you want to make your own you need to cut squares of 13cm and put them inside. Make sure it goes all the way into the mould and into the edges at the bottom. If you do this, creases will form all around and all you need to do is mark those creases with your finger. They go into the oven at 180C for 30min or until you put a knife or skewer in the center and it comes out without any dough (if it comes out with chocolate, that’s fine).
5. NOM NOM NOM. It’s time to eat them :) They’re so much nicer warm, so if you’re having them the next day, make sure to warm them up for 20 seconds in the microwave for a perfect taste.
Remember that if you like my recipes you can check out more than 100 available on my blog Cravings Journal.