Having Trouble Sleeping?
August 28, 2017 5:30 pm
Lately I hear a lot of people complain that they have trouble falling asleep. This can happen for several reasons, the main one is because our mind doesn’t stop thinking, we hook from one thought to another and we can not sleep. Another reason may be dietary habits or our attachment to social-media.
Here are some tips for better sleep
- Meditate. Take a short meditation, you can use an app or search for videos on Youtube. I recommend to use the App INSIGHT. It has good guided meditations and calm music. Also helps to take deep breaths to help you calm the mind.
2. Disconnect from all social- media. Turn off your cell phone and TV at least 1 hour before bedtime. I recommend that you lower the intensity of the lights in your room and read a book.
3. Do not have a very heavy dinner. Eating a lot at night makes it harder to fall asleep. You can eat a vegetable salad or a soup that is easy to digest. Avoid dishes that contain fried foods, sugar or a big amount of protein than necessary because they are slower digestion. * If you have trouble sleeping, avoid caffeine after lunch.
4. Use lavender essential oil on the wrists and neck and / or take an infusion of chamomile to give you a feeling of calm.
5. If your doctor allows you take supplements of melatonin or magnesium.