Hasselback baguette with Mozzarella Cheese
December 15, 2017 8:28 am
If you have a secret santa gathering this Christmas with your friends or family, then you DEFINITELY need to make this appetizer. When you take it to the table everyone will be amazed by how good it smells, how melted the cheese is and how incredible it tastes. The best part is that it’s super easy to make (although they don’t need to know that).
- 1 baguette
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 50ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g mozzarella cheese
1. CHOP CHOP. Cut the mozzarella cheese in small slices and have them ready on one side. Then we cut the baguette. First take off the edges as they don’t look so good and then split it in half so that it’s more manageable. Then slice each half without going all the way through! This way it’s going to stay together and everyone is going to be able to grab their slice. However, do try to get as close to the end as you can just so that it’s easier to pull.
2. CHEEEEEESE. Put the mozzarella slices between the bread slices.
3. OIL BATH. Mix the olive oil with the salt, pepper, ground garlic and oregano and paint on the bread or pour with a teaspoon.
4. INTO THE OVEN! Take to a preheated oven at 180C por 5-10min or until you see that it’s golden and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately and watch everyone fight for it ;).
Oh and I almost forgot: MERRY CHRISTMAS! Remember that if you want to see more recipes and inspiration for Christmas you can check out my blog Cravings Journal.