Guidelines to Help Victims
March 29, 2017 9:51 am
Hello guys! Our country, Peru, is going through one of the most difficult moments in a long time. Today, cities like Piura, La Libertad, Lambayaque, Lima and many others, are in an emergency. We are all living on our own the lack of water, and it is true, and it is true, many people are going through much worse. But now is not the time to disengage, to point fingers, to criticize, TODAY it is time to be united.
Ph. Like Success
We know that many of you are going to the places that have been affected by the huaycos, and that you’re going to take the donations to the victims and from here we want to offer some recommendations and guidelines for when you get there:
– Most importantly, remember that it is a time of crisis, the person you are going to support does not expect you to add to your crisis, but help you to overcome it.
– Have a serene, respectful, cordial and affectionate attitude but be firm.
– Avoid being critical, do not argue, or lecture.
– Have an attitude of responsible and empathetic listening.
– Do not try to calm the affected person by convincing him that he is wrong in his judgments and appreciations.
– Do not try to modify defensive behaviors, such as not accepting events or losses suffered, they are a kind of initial psychological defense, which preserves the person’s unction during these moments.
– Have self-control: the one who helps must control his own behavior – Have the best disposition to work in team
(World Health Organization 2006)
All sums! Let’s help with RESPONSIBILITY. Share this information and let us show everyone that Peruvians are in solidarity. Peru needs us!