Green Goddess Sandwich
March 1, 2018 8:17 am
Nothing like a nice sandwich! It’s only that sometime we don’t know what to put between those two slices of bread so that it’s not boring. That’s why I wanted to give you the recipe for this green goddess sandwich that I’m sure you’ll LOVE not just because it’s a looker but also because it’s really yummy. The best thing about this recipe is the ranch with basil. Usually ranch has dill as a herb in it but for this sandwich I decided to chop some basil and it came out incredibly nice.
Portions: 2 sandwiches
For the ranch sauce:
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (it can be light)
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp milk (it can be skimmed)
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 12 basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sandwich
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sprouts (I used lentil sprouts but it could also be broccoli, alfalfa or other you like)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Baby spinach without the stalks
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- Ranch from above
1. EASY MIX. Put all the ingredients for the ranch sauce except the basil in a bowl and mix with a whist. Finally add the chopped basil and mix.
2. TOAST. Toast the bread in the toaster or on a pan on both sides. This is very important because it gives the sandwich flavour and texture.
3. ASSEMBLE. Add the ranch on both breads and put the vegetables on top.
And we’re done! I hope you enjoy it and as always you’re invited to visit my blog Cravings Journal where I have tons more recipes I’m sure you’ll love.