Blondies with Chocolate Chunks with Coarse Sea Salt
April 23, 2018 6:27 am
Blondies are vanilla brownies and I have to say that I like them more than brownies. You can eat them with chocolate, nutella, peanut butter, etc. and they become more interesting. In this case I put dark chocolate chunks and coarse sea salt which is a lovely combination. Of course if you prefer you can just add chocolate chips to them :).
Makes 15 blondies in a 26x17cm mould
- 120g unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 180g brown sugar
- 1 egg, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g all purpose flour
- 50g chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt to top
1. MIX & MIX. Put the butter, sugar and egg in a bowl and mix using a whisk until lighter in colour.
2. ALL IN. Add the vanilla and salt and mix it in. Finish with the flour and chocolate and mix everything once again. Keep a few chunks of chocolate separate for decoration.
3. TO THE OVEN. Put baking paper in a mould and flatten the dough inside. Top it with chocolate chunks and coarse sea salt. Take to a preheated oven at 170C for 20-30min or until golden. They will still be moist inside so the toothpick test is no good for this recipe.
4. PATIENCE. Wait for them to cool down a bit and cut them.
As always you’re invited to check out more recipes at my blog Cravings Journal.