October 30, 2017 7:15 am
Are you bored of your same old scrambled egg and toast breakfasts in the morning? We specially deserve a nice and different breakfast during the weekend. Today I bring you this amazing idea: breakfast tacos! I made them with egg, avocado, watercress, olive oil, salt and pepper, but you can get creative and change the ingredients to the ones you like the most.
Portions: 1 taco
- 1 tortilla
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg + a bit of olive oil to cook
- olive oil, salt and pepper
Other flavours you can include: ham, lettuce, arugula, onion, caramelized onion, tomato, etc.
1. FRY. I love fried egg. It’s basic to use a non-stick pan with a few drops of oil spread with a piece of kitchen paper. I like it nice and white so I put it on a low heat and am patient for it to cook properly. However, if you like golden edges, you can turn the heat up.
2. HEAT UP! Warm up the tortillas. Some people like to warm them up in the microwave but they become a bit chewy. The very best option is to warm them up in a pan, no oil needed.
3. DRESS. Dress the watercress and avocado with olive oil, sat and pepper to taste and lay everything on your tortilla.
I loved this breakfast and it’s a yummy option when we want to wake up to something different :).
Remember that if you want to see more recipes you are more than invited to visit my blog Cravings Journal where you can find more than 140 recipes :)