¿Switchel? Yes Please!
October 10, 2017 8:10 am
Hello everyone! Today I bring you a recipe of a drink that our generation has bring to life again.
The Switchel is an 18th century drink that is becoming more popular because of its health benefits and its flavor. It has a very interesting combination of ingredients that gives it a sweet and spicy taste. You can take it as a rehydrating drink, for intestinal health and as a healthy replacement of soda.
What benefits does it have?
1. Reduces inflammation
Helps to reduce inflammation in the body because it has ginger. Inflammation is one of the causes of diseases, we can notice its present in our bodies when there are many digestive problems or problems in the skin. Ginger is also recommended for good digestion and helps to decrease abdominal swelling.
The combination of apple vinegar and maple honey makes switchel a good choice as a rehydrator. It is advisable to hydrate yourself if you have been doing aerobic exercises for more than an hour, if you have been ill or if you present signs of dehydration or have been exposed to a lot of heat.
Signs of dehydration – Constant thirst, headache, fatigue and nausea.
3. Probiotics and balanced pH
Apple cider vinegar has many benefits for our health and is one of my favorite natural remedies. In addition to being a source of probiotics that help our intestinal flora, it helps detoxify our body and balance our pH.
Ph. purely B
- ½ cup of good quality apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple honey – Read the label that is 100% maple honey and not “maple honey flavor” * In case you can not find you can use bee honey
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- Pinch of marasor himalayan salt
- ½ lemon
- Mix all ingredients with 1/2 liter of water in a blender. You can take it cold or hot. Another option is to take it with sparkling water, to give it that “fizzy” feeling and keep it healthy.
Enjoy! For more news follow me on Facebook and Instagram.