Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
August 7, 2017 8:12 am
Smoothie bowls are trending right now and the hype is definitely worth it. The fruit are delicious, and if you mix them with yogurt or banana and make them nice and thick, it’s like having a nice oatmeal for breakfast. It’s also amazing to eat a picture perfect dish, you really deserve a breakfast or snack this nice and healthy. You can top it with anything you like: seeds, nuts, more fruit… your imagination is the limit!
Portions: 1 bowl
– 1/2 banana
– 100g frozen raspberries (helps the smoothie to be thicker and more refreshing)
– 4 tbsp unsweetened greek yogurt
– 2 tbsp honey (you can also use sweetener, agave, dates)
To decorate I used:
– 1/2 banana
– crispy quinoa from this recipe
– edible flowers
BLEND! We put everything into a blender and whooosh! That easy. You put it all into a bowl and you’re done. You can top it with the nuts, cereals and seeds that you love the most and you can always experiment more and more :)
VERSATILITY. The fun part about smoothie bows is that you’re only limited by your imagination. Here I’ll leave you some options that you can explore :)
- Banana, spinach and orange juice
- Açai, almond milk and strawberries
- Berry mix, banana, yogurt
- Chocolate, unsweetened peanut butter, banana
- Mango, pineapple and banana
RULE OF THUMB. The only thing you have to consider is that the fruit has to be mostly frozen so it’s nice, silky and thick :)
ROUTINE. Once you star with your smoothie bowl craze you won’t be able to stop. It’s an amazing way to fill yourself with energy and the vitamins that you need to face the challenges ahead in your day.
Remember that if you want to see more recipes you are more than invited to visit me at my blog, Cravings Journal.