Nutella and Almonds Phyllo Cigars
June 22, 2018 6:30 am
We all enjoy a chocolate-y sin and many of us melt when we hear the word “Nutella.” These Nutella and almond phyllo cigars are just crazy good! It’s a fun way to have dessert or a sweet snack without necessarily serving it on a plate.
- 150g phyllo pastry
- 200g Nutella at room temperature
- 50g toasted and finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cdta salt
- unsalted melted butter
1. SCISSORS AT HAND. Cut the phyllo pastry in squares of 12x12cm. Use a pastry brush to spread a bit of butter on one of them and use that to stick another one on top. We do this so that they are less delicate. When you’re working with phyllo you want to make sure that it’s covered with a kitchen cloth at all times because it tends to dry and crack.
2. FILLING. Mix the nutella, almonds and salt and put the mix inside a piping bag with a large nozzle so the almonds can come out. Make a line with the filling along one side of the phyllo square, leaving a finger without filling on each side.
3. ORIGAMI. Fold the sides we left on the side of the filling towards the inside to cover the edges and the filling doesn’t come out. Then roll it onto itself. Make sure to paint a bit of butter at the end so it sticks.
4. TO THE OVEN. Take to a preheated oven at 180C on a baking tray with silpat or baking paper for 5-10min or until nice and golden.
You know that if you want to see more recipes there are over 250 of them on my blog Cravings Journal :)